Coming soon The Wedding

Coming soon The Wedding
Bayou Bloom

Who is your Favorite Heroine

Monday, June 18, 2012

Refining your work.

So I know I'm not the only one who's done this. You've written down what you want to say and it's perfect and your proud. You get ready to publish or I dunno may give to someone this work and give it one last once over and it's riddled with mistakes you just somehow missed to your disbelief. I find that it's hard to correct one's own work. How can you really you know the words that are going to jump of the page before you complete the sentence. Sure I know some probably can but for me I find it daunting. Now that I've complete my first novel or should I say complete my first draft all I do is read and re-read and find mistakes in grammar. Its exhausting. Basically as I said before, at least in my case is darn near impossible so I came up with some times that I am going to follow feel free to try them out and let me know if they worked for you, but be warned they are pretty obvious tips :) 

Here are some tips I learned:
1. Don’t be to critical the more you read the more you change things, and not always for the best.

2. It’s okay to take a break and breath when weary.

3. This is most important, if you can get your hands on a good editor do so :) I’m excited to be working with you Mrs. Hamm.

No comments:

Post a Comment